- Is depression having a constant, negative impact on your life?
- Do you struggle on a daily basis?
- We can help you gain back control with solution-focused hypnotherapy sessions for depression.
Why Do We Suffer From Depression?
There’s a part of our brain whose job is to step in when it feels that our life is in some sort of crisis or emergency. It’s popularly known as the Fight, Flight or Freeze part, it’s very primitive and it’s there to ensure our survival. Primitive survival often meant shutting ourselves away in our caves and conserving our limited resources, while waiting until the weather outside the cave improved or any dangerous threat outside the cave had moved on. We’ve adapted this particular primitive response to all our modern-day symptoms of depression. Sometimes though, shutting ourselves away in our cave can set about a self-defeating pattern of behaviour. The more we shut down, the less receptive we are to any signs of spring arriving; and the more stuck we feel.
Depression can often happen as a result of a gradual build-up of stresses in our lives, coupled with our inability to process those stresses. And sometimes this overflow comes in the form of depression. It’s the Freeze part of the system and it’s the brain’s way of telling us to do something to ensure our survival.
Signs of Depression: When to Get Help
- You feel constantly low, tearful and agitated for no particular reason.
- You feel overwhelmed at the thought of going about your day as normal.
- You avoid activities and social events you usually enjoy.
- You are having suicidal thoughts or are self harming.
- You struggle sleeping and feel tired all the time.
- You suffer from physical aches and pains that have no clear cause.
- You are losing weight and have no appetite.
- You struggle to remember things or concentrate on tasks.
- You have a low sex drive.
- Difficulty thinking clearly, speaking or making decisions.
Can Hypnotherapy Help with Depression?
Dealing with depression can be difficult and overwhelming, you may have tried things that haven’t worked or don’t want to turn to medication. Hypnotherapy has shown to be a great help for depression through reducing the accumulation of stresses your brain is overwhelmed with, bringing calmness and clarity to your mind. Hypnotherapy focuses on allowing your brain to reinterpret life rationally and appropriately, replacing negative thought patterns with more positive ones over time. Gradually with regular hypnotherapy sessions, you should gain back control of your life, your worries and your mind.
*Results may vary from person to person. Get in touch with our hypnotherapist today for help with depression.